Sunday, August 5, 2012

To Start it Off

Hello, reader!

Settling into Salzburg is my attempt to chronicle my experiences moving to and living in Salzburg, Austria.  In April of 2012, my husband and I discovered that he had the opportunity to teach English in Austria and that Salzburg would be our new home.  As of today, we are forty-three days from our departure date. 

Am I nervous?  Of course.  I have never lived in another country, let alone another state, and as of right now, I don't speak German.  But, my lack of language skills and my inexperience with other cultures pales in comparison to the greater question: What am I going to do there?

I'm the type of person that has a hard time relaxing; I need to have plans and I need to work.  Vacations are great, but only for a few days.  Before long, I want to get back to "real" life.  So, when he is off teaching, what am I going to do with my time? 

What will my purpose be while in Salzburg? 

Through this blog, I hope to share the answers I find and to have some fun along the way.

(Source: Newdecade)

No comments:

Post a Comment